Department for strategy and coordination
Directorate for Strategy and Coordination is one of the six directorates of the Ministry of European Integration, mainly focused in the issues of strategic and general policy directions on the bases of analyses, policy coordination and methodologies. Within the competence, the directorate is responsible to coordinate and undertake measures for implementation of the European Partnership, including coordination and facilitation of the preparation of the European Partnership Action Plan (EPAP).
Directorate for Strategy and Coordination is organised in four main units:
- Unit for Policy Coordination and Analysis;
- Secretariat to High Level Forum;
- Unit for Database and Management of Information Systems;
- Unit for Capacity Building.
Main functions and responsibilities
- Preparation and coordination of all meetings of different coordination structures, including coordination of EU-Kosovo bodies (STM mechanism);
- Communication and coordination with all other institutions. Coordination of the network of Units for European integration in the ministries and other bodies of the state administration. Support to the bodies of the Government, whose scope is in the area of integration of Kosovo in the EU.
- Database and Management of information systems;
- Overall donor coordination in the area of governance, economic development and industry and national resources. Coordination of planning and programming of the priorities of Kosovo for the use of foreign technical assistance. Foreign assistance coordination from the EU Member States and other bilateral and multilateral foreign assistance related to reforms,
- Programming, monitoring and evaluation of EU assistance (IPA national, regional/horizontal and Cross-border allocations, TAIEX, Twinning, Community Programs and Agencies) and for Bilateral and Multilateral assistance (from MS and others). Long-term planning of resources in support of the integration process in the EU, including consistency with the MTEF, PIP, Annual Government Plan and Annual Kosovo Budget.
- Preparation and coordination of the Capacity building program, including training program for civil servants on EU issues.